Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Local 44 PBW No Repeats

So, I finally got home from The Forum of the Gods and The Franklin Fountain, and get working on my paper....slowly. Then an hour later my friend calls, and he wants to go to Local 44. I hadn't eaten much yet at that point (note, its 6pm at this point....which is probably part of my issue at The Forum of the Gods). Anyway, we headed over there, and I got their fish and chips, Lost Abbey Carneval and a Great Lakes Elliot Ness Lager.

The fish & chips were great, although there was a bit less fish than I expected. Still, it came with two hush puppies and a pile of fries, so I didn't exactly go hungry. The hush puppies were fried pretty hard, but were still nice and moist on the inside. The fries at Local 44 are always really good; boardwalk style, with the skins still on. They even have malt vinegar.

The Carneval was quite good, and was less hoppy than a lot of American saisons I've had recently, which was a pleasant change. It was pretty mild overall, with a good carbonation to back it up. The Elliot Ness Lager wasn't very good, though, giving off a kind of plastic-y finish as it warmed up. I actually chugged that beer, since I didn't want to drink the rest, but I was still thirsty.

No comments:

Post a Comment