Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Franklin Fountain PBW Flavors

Philadelphia Bar & Restaurant is across the street from Franklin Fountain, so I stopped by after the Forum of the Gods event. They have at least 2 PBW flavors; strawberry with Victory's Summer Love, and Chocolate with Stoudt's stout (I think), so I got a scoop of each. The chocolate was not bad, with the stout adding a roasty character to it. Still, the was a little bit of burnt malt in it, which I'm not a fan of, but overall it was pretty good. The strawberry with Summer Love, though, I am not a fan of. This beer has a fair amount of hops in it, which came through with a distinct bitterness in the ice cream. Definitely not a fan of bitter ice cream, personally. Also, I got a dry sensation, which I've tasted in beers before, especially hoppy ones. I also don't think my ice cream should be dry; its freaking frozen milk and sugar, so it had better fulfill my sweet craving!

So, the chocolate is probably worth a try if you like RISs, but I'd stay away from the Summer Love strawberry; stick with the maple walnut, that stuff is fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment